HOW MANY CHILDREN ARE SERVED IN CCDF?
- 28 percent birth through 3-year olds;
- 29 percent three through 4-year olds; and
- 43 percent five through 13-year olds.
WHAT'S NEW IN OCC POLICY?
New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) takes the goal of family-friendly child care policies seriously. They have made a concerted effort to simplify policy, enhance family friendly-processes, and reduce errors. Notable family-friendly changes in policy and administration include:
- extending redeterminations to 12 months for CCDF-only families;
- extending education/training from 2 years of continuous study to 2 years in a lifetime;
- simplifying income calculations;
- strengthening rules for temporary interruptions in approved activities;
- eliminating the requirement to document residency over previous two years;
- employing a “best estimate” approach on income similar to SNAP;
- changing services authorization and payment rules; and
- increasing notifications to families.